Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wednesday June 10th

I didn't post anything yesterday because it was a long day. For some reason I couldn't sleep Monday night and then I had to be up and out of the house by 7:00 am to take Mom to her stress test. The cottonwoods are really blooming here and by the time we got home my head was just pounding. I took about an hour nap, but it didn't help. Thankfully I slept well last night, so my head isn't pounding as bad as it was yesterday. So you want to see the pages I've created this week.

The first one is a baby picture of Cole. Dad is holding him and he is making the cutest face. I guess he was a bit of a clown from the very beginning. I do know that he had a special bond with his Papa from the beginning, maybe because the both liked to make people laugh.

The second one is of Cooper. He was snuggled up to me and Sharla was trying to get some good pictures of him and I couldn't resist doing the bunny ears. I know I know, it's silly, but then that is who I am.

Next is one I did for a Color Challenge, which means I have to use specific colors, this way pink, green, blue, yellow and grey all in babyish tones. Once I found the papers and elements in the right tones, I decided the layout should be Zoey.

The next layout was for a challenged called Scrap This Way, and it wasn't easy. Ok the layout was easy but you had to do this whole numerology thing to get what you were to use. My birth month is a 7 so my main color was to be green, my birth day is a 5 so my accent color was white, the sum of my birth year is 7 so I had to include stitching, the sum of my age is 4 (and that is not mental age) so that meant I had to use the word "Relax" and the sum of my entire birthday was 1 so I had to use 1 photo. See I told you it was hard, I had to do a lot of math for this one. I pick a picture of Cooper and Tucker sleeping on me. It was taken the weekend that Cooper spent in the emergency vet for eating an azalea bloom. The vet wasn't sure if he would make it, and they kept him overnight. I don't think any of us got any sleep that night. When we brought him home he was still very weak and clingy. And his favorite place seemed to be on my chest. Tucker wasn't to be out done, so I spent a lot of time with both of them laying on me.

Next is a Scraplift Challenge I did, where I take another person's layout and copy it to and use my own papers and stuff. I selected a picture from Thanksgiving a couple of years ago. It was Tom and Mecca's first year in their new house and they wanted a family photo. Of course I picked the photo with Callie sticking out her tongue.

The last one for today is of my Mom. The speed scrap set the rules to all the paper and elements except for 3 had to be black, white or grey. It was a challenge to find elements to use, I had to manipulate some of the elements colors to make them work. But I really like how it looks once it was complete.

That's it for now. I have to get up and get Mom moving, she has the second part of her stress test today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!