Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday, Nov. 6th

Well I can say I'm glad it is Friday. Yesterday was a rough day, busy at work, but also as the day worn on, I began to have lots of lower back pain. So much so that I ended up going to Care Now, and I was pretty sure what it was and I was right, an UTI. Got some antibiotics, and went to bed. Feeling much better this morning, still not 100%, but much better.

So I have lots of layouts to post, but unfortunately I forget to copy most of them to my USB drive. I hope to post tomorrow all the stuff from last weekend. But I do have a few layouts from the challenges at Stuff to Scrap this month. They are doing a challenge a day in honor of Digi Scrap Day which is tomorrow. Plus tomorrow there is a bunch of stuff to do as well, including speed scraps, bingo, and a scavenger hunt. You should check it out, it will be lots of fun.

My first layout is one I did for the November 3rd challenge. The challenge was to pick someone and scrap about something you admire about that person. I picked Miss Callie and I have always admired her confidence, so that seemed perfect to me.

Next is my layout for November 4th. This challenge was to use a photo mask. Since I was working on this during my lunch hour, I didn't have a ton of kits or masks available to me. I found one in a kit called The Hands of Time by Scraps of Ellay. The kit was full of "antique" looking papers and elements, so I really wanted to do an older photo. I found one of my grandmother and grandfather Helm. As I was finishing it, the title just popped into my head. I think it turned out quite well.

The challenge for November 5th was to do a recipe layout. Since I'm not really the cook in the family, and I don't have any recipes committed to memory, this was tough. Plus I was again working during lunch, so I had a limited number of kits available to me. No cooking kits at all, so what is close...a golf kit...ok so it wasn't close but I liked the colors. I used a recipe Sharla found last year, and you use a bunch of canned veggies to make soup. What is nice is you can really use any veggies you love, and it is very easy to make. Since I didn't have a picture of the soup, I used a picture of my favorite cook...yeah I'm sucking up, but she is a great cook.

Challenges for the 1st and 2nd are at home, I'll try and post them this weekend. I do have my template challenge for last month. I really like how it turned out. When I got the Spooks and Smiles kit from Nicole, there was one paper in it that I just loved. But everything I played with it, I couldn't make it work. I think because all the photos I tried to use with it were Halloween photos. Here I used it with pictures of the babies in a pumpkin patch, and I think it looks great.

My last layout for today is my office desktop, which I made for the Desktop Challenge. The challenge was to base the layout on thankfulness or gratefulness. I used the kit The Hands of Time for this one as well and really like it. In case it is a little hard to read the note on the side, here is what it says.
Blessings...I am so totally blessed, I have a Lord that sent his son to die for me, so I would have eternal life...everything beyond that is just gravy. But he didn't stop there. He gave me a great family and friends who love and support me. A good job, nice home, food on the table, a car to drive, clothes to wear, three fur babies who are always happy to see me and even a computer to do my digital scrapbooking. It has not been a great year, I was laid off and out of work for the first time in my life, it was scary, but I knew God would provide, and he did. Everything I have I owe to him, and for that I am very THANKFUL!!!!

The last thing today is Nicole from Digi Designs by Nicole has a new item in her store and it is Christmas cards. They are a so cute and an easy way to have your own personalized cards. If you want to check them out, just click on the preview and it will take you to her store.

I hope ya'll all have a great weekend!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!