Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Wednesday, Dec. 2nd

Can you believe it snowed here this morning...yep Texas...December...snow, who would have thunk it. Today I'm going to tell you about some things going on at Stuff to Scrap, then show you some of the layouts I did last month. I think I completed 23 challenges, so I had a great time. That does not include ones I did for my designers or speed scraps.

First let me tell you about a Speed Scrap at Stuff to Scrap Forum that is happening tomorrow. It will be lead by Nicole of Digi Designs by Nicole and I love her speed scraps, they always result in great pages.

And if inspiration and help creating a great page isn't enough, then you're in luck because she is giving away an awesome participation prize.

I know I'm certainly going to try and make this one, because I want that prize.

Ok now to some even more fun stuff. Each day a different person lead a challenge last month, and each had their own theme. This one was about a shape, you had to crop your picture and papers into shapes other than a square or rectangle. I chose circles and found a picture of Trey taken a couple of years ago. I like it.

This challenge called for a monochormatic layout. You could select any color, but everything had to be some shade of that color. I love the blues that were in this kit, so I pair them with a picture of my Tucker boy and ended up with a great layout. It was hard for me, because I kept wanting to throw something white, cream or brown into the mix, but I was a good girl and followed the rules.

Now this challenge was for a white space layout with flowers, so you had to keep the picture and elements to a limit. I love white space layouts, and I used a kit by ModernJune Creations called October Haze. The colors were great, so I made the photo b/w so it would draw your eye.

Next was another white space day. On this one I loved how the strip of paper with the words on it worked. The photo is from the first Thanksgiving at our house.

Well that's it for today. I'll be back tomorrow with more, or at least I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!