Friday, September 24, 2010

Big Post

Ok, here is the first big post to try and catch up on showing you my layouts. I'm going to focus on my Polka Dot Plum layout today. I don't think I will get through them all, but I will put a bunch out, just to reduce my backlog.

First up is a layout of sunflowers I did using a kit called Swirly Bundle by NBK Designs and a template from Tempting Templates Vol. 6 by BTA Designs. Sharla and I had been talking about not seeing many sunflowers this year, and then she found a small patch that was really on their last legs but I still thought they were beautiful.

Next is layout I did for a scraplift with a twist challenge. I had to scraplift a layout (which means use it for inspiration) and the twist was the photo had to have some photo treatment. I used a photo I had of Zoey with he orange squid toy. I loved how the orange popped against the b/w photo. The kit I used is Rocky Top Sweetheart by Polka Dot Plum Designs.

I love old photos especially if they are of someone else. I'm less fond of photos of me. This layout is for a theme challenge where the theme is back to school. I used a photo of Sharla from the first grade (at least I think it is the first grade...it has been a while). The kit I used is Making the Grade a collab by Modern June and Miss Mis Designs.

The next layout I did for a recipe challenge, and the photos are probably two of my favorites of Callie and Mecca. They were taken last Thanksgiving, and I just love how alive with laughter both of them were. The kit I used is called The Beauty Within by Valerie N Designs.

Journaling is not my forte, so I always struggle with journaling challenges, but this one said you had to journal inside a shape. Since my circle was small the journaling was easy. The photo is Ira Lou and Uncle King George when they came to visit in 2002, it is hard not to have a good time around them. The kit I used is It’s Not Easy… by Sir Scrapalot.

Next is a layout of Mecca, Tom, Callie and Cole, the photo was taken at Mother's Day. I did it for a product challenge, that is where they give you a pieces or parts to use and in this case it was the frame cluster. I like making the photo look like it was two different ones with that frame, but it really is only a single photo. The kist used is Sweet Summertime by Polka Dot Plum Designs.

Sharla and Tucker are the spotlight of this layout where I used pieces from a collab by the designers of Polka Dot Plum. Tucker was a wiggle worm and I was worried for a little while she was going to drop him. But she held on and he had fun sitting on her lap.

Now for a layout of two very special men. The photo is of Daddy and Uncle Clinton fishing. They loved to fish, and probably the only better than fishing was fishing together, at least for them. The layout was done for a color challenge where I needed to use blue, yellow, grey and black so I used a kit called Looptyloo by Connie Prince.

A non traditional challenge is where they give you something different as your inspiration, it can be anything an ad, a magazine cover, or just a "idea". For this one we were given a magazine cover that reminded me of a quilt, so this my take on it. The photos are Callie from her birthday several years ago, and as always she was making faces. The kit used is call Fern by Polka Dot Pixels.

I must be on a Callie birthday kick, because her is another one of her. This one I did for a recipe challenge. The challenge require the layout to have a birthday hat on it, and I just thought it looked so cute on her head (insert evil grin here). The kit is Make a Wish by Just So Scrappy.

Since is it a Callie Birthday theme, I'm got another one. This one I is her second birthday (I counted the candles on the cake). Mom made the cake and it had a hot air balloon on it. The kit I used is called It’s Your Day by Pixel Perfect Designs.

Polka Dot Plum is celebrating their first birthday this month, so a lot of the challenges are themed around birthdays as well as several of the new kits. So I must just have birthday's on the brain. My next layout is another Callie birthday...next post I'll move on to Cole's birthdays. I used the kit Celebrate by Kalo Designs.

Time for another old photo, this one is Sharla, Aunt Sallie and Uncle Clinton way back in the day. We went back to see daddy's family every summer and it was a time filled with lots of hugs (they had to get a year's worth in two weeks). The kit I used is called Heritage by Connie Prince.

Ok it can be officially called a Callie post, I must have just had her on my mind lately, because I am certainly doing lots of layouts with her. This photo I believe was taken on her birthday, she was modeling some of the clothes she had received. The I used is called Tea with the Queen by Secret Stash.

And last for today....I know I made this post extra long, but I didn't even get half of the layouts I have completed posted. But I have new kits releasing the first part of next week, so I'll have more to show you soon. But now for layout using a kit called Swirly Bundle. The photo is my Tucker Boy, and I had fun with the selective coloring on this one.

In case you were counting that is 15 layouts, and I probably have at least 20 more if not more to show you. I'll be back tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday with new releases, so make sure you stop by because there will be some freebies as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!