Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday Finish - Coral Quilt

TGIF!!!!  Yeah it is Friday, ok for me it is more like Wednesday since I work Saturday and Sunday, but it is hard not to be happy on Friday.   And even more so when I have a fabulous finish to show everyone.  I will admit I'm so glad that this one is quilted so no one will see how badly it was sewn together.  I piece this top in 2008 and it was my first larger quilt top.  When I went to press it, I was shocked at how bad the seams were, they were crooked, not consistent at all and ohhh so ragged.  But now that it is quilted you will never see any of that.  Well if you look closely at the top not all my points meet, but I can live with that fact.  :)


When looking for tops to practice my long arm skills, I kept telling Sharla that I had a coral/green quilt some where from 2008.  We found her burgundy and dots quilt, but we couldn't find this one.  And then one day it was there, in a box I swear we had looked in previously.  Over all I'm very happy with this one, I used Signature Woodlands variegated thread. The colors were good because it ranged from a brown to peach to light green. I just did an all-over stipple and I really think I'm getting better at it.  Am I great, no, but much better with each one I do.


Right now my biggest issue is slowing down.  I did have a little tension issue with this quilt, but I found that I had the most issues when I went too fast.   I couldn't find the green that I used on the blocks so I just printed my label on printable fabric I got at JoAnn's.  I really don't like the texture of it as well, but it is very easy to use.  And I totally love doing the corner label with no hand sewing!!!!


So that is one more off the list.  I've already pieced the back for my Skipping Squares by Cluck Cluck Sew. I hope to get it loaded tonight or tomorrow.  Today I'm linking up with  . . . Confessions of a Fabric Addict Link a Finish FridayTGIFF...at Quokka QuiltsCrazy Mom Quilts and Fabric Frenzy Friday @ Fort Worth Fabric Studio.






1 comment:

  1. It's kind of nice to see how far we've come! And you're right--no one will know if your seams are not all perfect! I think it turned out lovely!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!