Saturday, March 1, 2014

Drop and Give Me Twenty - Wrap Up

Ok I think I did something sewing related every day last month.  Some days were pretty short and I'm not sure I got a full 20 minutes done, but most days were more than the 20.  Here is what I did on the last week.

On Sunday I got Sharla's first t-shirt quilt loaded onto the frame.  Both the top and back as well as the batting.  I also wound my bobbins and loaded the thread, oiled the machine and tested my tension.  I really wanted to start quilting it Sunday night, but I was tired.


Then on Monday I got it quilted.  It was a much smaller quilt than the other ones I've been doing, so it went quickly...well relatively quickly.  I did have some thread issues, and I'm not sure why.  I think it might be going from the t-shirt material to the cotton and back.  I did do loops on this one instead of the meander. Which was fun.


I also finished my Trails End quilt top on Monday.  I had pieced part of the rows last week and just needed to get the last couple of rows sewn and it all put together.  

Tuesday I got the quilt trimmed, and the binding cut, but that was it.  I got busy doing other things and didn't even get a photo that day.  On Wednesday I sewed the binding and got it pressed.  I have to say I am really liking my June Tailor binding express. It does make the ironing easier.


Thursday night was a made binding night. I attached the binding to the back and the front.  I do it by machine, because I hate hand work.  I had already created the label last week, but screwed up on cutting it, so I had to play with it a little to make it work.

And here it is all done.  Over all I've very happy with the progress I made this month doing the DaGMT.  I have quilted 4 quilts and pieced two tops.  And that doesn't include the ironing and organizing of fabric that I did as well.  








2 comments:

  1. Go you! You got a lot done and it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You got a lot done. The fabric in the trail ends quilt is excellent (I love north woodsy fabric). Glad to see you are doing 30/30 for March. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!