Monday, August 4, 2014

A Lovely Year of Finishes: August Goal

Ok last month wasn't my best month, but I'm going to make up for it in August, well I'm going to try.  I have four goals for the month and each is very doable, so here goes.

My first goal is to quilt my Watkins Star quilt.  I am going to work on the back today and hopefully have it loaded to quilt this week.  Now I want to do more than one quilt, but considering every Monday this month is booked, I'm only going to commit to getting this top quilted.


My second goal is to finish my #TexasRoadTripQAL flimsy.  I've finished quadrants 1, 2 and 3, so that just leaves 4.  I would love to have it quilted as well, but I will settle for finishing the top. Here is quadrant 3 which I finished yesterday.

My third goal is to complete my Compass Quilters Bee blocks.  This is my first time ever joining a bee and I'm pretty excited.  I love the block chosen is call the hummingbird block.  It is paper pieced and looks really cool.  I am planning on doing my test block this week.  But so you know what it looks like I'm borrowing the photo from our Queen Bee.


And my last goal for August is to get another top cut.  I honestly don't know what top I will cut.  I have my PB&J fabric ironed, so maybe that one.  Or I could do a charity quilt or I have so many to choose from, but one needs to be cut and ready to piece by the end of the month.

I am linking up with Shannon of Fiber of All Sorts and Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs.  Let's see if this will be a better month!!!!


4 comments:

  1. Oh I hope you have a wonderful and productive August! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am wishing you a productive August :) I love those bee blocks with the LV backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheering you on for a better month! Have you had a chance to test out your LA? Is she fixed? SO hope she is, a broken any kind of sewing machine is like losing a limb around here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made the bee blocks today. I found the results more accurate if I only trimmed two sides of each paper piece and left the third (the long side) untrimmed until all four parts were attached. I suggest you try that too.
    I am really happy with the finished blocks. Digging through my bright fabrics has been fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!