Thursday, March 5, 2015

A Lovely Year Of Finishes: March Goals

It is time to set my goals for March and I have lots to do, but then I always have lots to do. March is one of my favorite months, maybe because some of my favorite people were born in this month. My dad was born on the 10th, Callie was born on the 19th and Mecca was born on the 28th. I think I like this month, because here in Texas it normally means winter is winding down, but since this is view from my front door, it isn't over yet.


I can't set just one goal, because I need a list to work from, but I will pick one main goal and the other are just my to do list. So the most important goal this month is to finish the blocks for Callie and Beau's signature quilt. I need to have them sewn, trimmed and taped...taped so they don't sign into the seam allowance. I am almost done with the sewing, but still need to trim the coral and pomegranate blocks and I still have to tape all of them. The wedding is on the 18th of April and I don't want to be running late.


My second goal is to finish all of my bee blocks. It is the last month of the Compass Quilters, and I'm doing polaroid blocks for Tanyia, and I have those done. The photo isn't great, because I took it at night, and they need to be trimmed more, but she asked that we send them to her this way. I'm doing a wanta-fanta block for Kim in the Bee Hive. I sent her a photo of the my fabric options and she picked what she wanted. It is a mix of paper piecing and snowballed squares. And lastly for Stash Bee I have to do linked squares for Maureen. I think I have the fabrics picked for this one too. So I'm in good shape on these.


My third goal is to finish piecing the second memory top. I've started it but need to cut more sashing strips. If I could get it quilted that would be great, but I will be happy with getting the top done. I'm ready to get these done, so I can move onto other things. Plus I'm sure they would appreciate getting the quilts. No pictures, because I want them to be surprised.  :)

My fourth goal is to do 20 more blocks for my cross quilt. I cut a bunch of fabric at the end of last week, and so I have plenty prepped and ready to go. I had a lot of fun last month really focusing on the cross blocks, but it is now time to focus on other things, so I'm only aiming for 20.


My fifth and final goal...well my last goal I'm putting here, is to quilt Sharla's Box Trot quilt. I miss quilting, and as much as I love piecing, there is something very satisfying about quilting. I think because it means the quilt is almost finished. I have a nice pile of quilts to get done, but I'm changing the batting I use on this one, and trying a wool batting, so I want to do it first.


I am linking up with Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs and Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts
for the March Goal Party.


3 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely projects! Really like the polaroid blocks. You are flying it on the cross blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a little bit of Texas (bluebonnets) in your Polaroids and I snuck in a little Australia - in our children's characters Snugglepot and Cuddlepie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy smokes, girl! That is a to-do list! I'm amazed at your ambition and that you can get that kind of stuff done! ALYoF has been great for me, since it forces me to focus on ONE project to finish. I'm a classic work-on-ten-projects-at-once kind of person, but I don't get enough sewing time in a month to really make any kind of serious dent in anything that way. Choosing just one works for me now. You are amazing and I aspire to have monthly to-do lists like yours one day (maybe when my kids are grown up a bit)!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!