Tuesday, April 28, 2015

A Lovely Year Of Finishes: April Finishes

Wow April went by very fast, maybe because I had lots to do.  I'm very happy with what I got done, even if it wasn't everything on my list.  Getting ready, going and recovering from Callie's Wedding really put a crimp into what I got completed, but I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Ok here goes, the main goal was to finish the pouches for Sharla and I to use on the trip.  I got four done for her and four done for me. They really worked out great, and I will most likely make more in the future. If nothing else they really helped me learn to sew a zipper. I still need to work on zippers, but I'm not as afraid of them as I was before.


My second goal was to get my bee blocks sewn and mailed before the end of the month. Well they went into the mail today!! Ok not a lot of time to spare, but they are done and that is all that matters. I made two Card Trick blocks for Heather in StashBee Hive 9 and a Wanta Fanta block for Cassie in The Bee Hive Swarm Johanna. All of them went together very easily and I think I'm going to do a Card Trick quilt sometime in the future.




My third goal was to get Sharla's sewing machine cover quilted, and that did not happen. It still sits waiting for me to work on it.

My last goal was to get 10 more cross blocks done, and if possible 20. I did get 10 completed and I have 10 more that are about 2/3's done. It was fun doing these because I didn't really have to think, I could just sew and sew and sew. I'm hoping to finish the other 10 before the month ends, but I'm not going to push myself.


I'm saying three out of four during a busy month isn't bad.  When you add to that taxes, doctors appointments (even one semi emergency one), a weekend wedding, work and sleep, it was a very full month. I'm happy, and that is really all that matters.  Today I'm linking up with Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs and Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts.


5 comments:

  1. Well, that cinches it. I am a sloth...the lowest of slugs...I think I MIGHT have met my 'quota' for watching tv, surfing the web, and sudoku, but that is about it. You did AWESOME! Love the zipper pouches...the colors are so fun! Your completed blocks are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 3 out of 4 this month is fabulous; well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job!! The card trick blocks are great. Really like the fabric choices for them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Semi-emergency doctor's appointment? That cannot be good. I hope whatever caused the rush has gone away and everyone is well now.
    A good zipper foot will make all the difference to your zipper pain. I bought one to sew piping, and it is so much better than the one that came with my machine!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!