Thursday, May 28, 2015

Quilty Thankful Thursday #24

Happy Thursday everyone, I hope you are having a great day.  Me not so much, but that just means it time to focus on the positives in my life.  Here is my list for this week.

1. Freedom. Last Monday was Memorial Day here in the US and it is a time to remember those that have served and died for our country.  I know I'm bless, and even somewhat spoiled, but I am always grateful to live in this country and I don't take lightly those that have served and gave their lives so that I could remain free.


2. Rain. Ok maybe I'm tired of all the rain (it has rained 22 out of 28 days  this month). But tired or not, I'm grateful the lake levels are back where they should be, and grateful I've not had to spend money watering my lawn.  Now if it wanted to stop for a couple of days I wouldn't mind that either. But since I've seen a lot more drought than floods in my life, I'll make myself be thankful for rain, even a lot of it. This is the radar right now, and yes it is raining again.


3.  Being Queen. I am queen of Bee Hive Swarm Johanna for June and I got my sample blocks together Tuesday and I'm very excited.  I picked the Tic Tac Toe block and here are the two samples I made. I have enjoyed this bee so far, and hope everyone has a great time making blocks for me. Ok it is just plain fun beeing queen (hehehehe) and I'm grateful for the opportunity.



4.  A Finish.  I still have to iron it and photograph it, but I have finished the top of my Grande Scrappy Tiles quilt that I was doing as a test quilt for Meadow Mist Designs.  Hopefully you will get to see it tomorrow.  I really love how it looks, and the pattern is so much fun.  The blocks are huge and so 9 blocks makes a 72 x 72 quilt.  Now what is cooler than that? I am hoping for a little sunshine soon so I can get it photographed.  But it sure feels nice to have a finish.

5. Feeling Better.  I think the rain has washed away some of the yucky stuff in the air, because I'm feeling better. I'm not sure I'm 100%, but I'm at least 95% and that ain't bad.  It also helped that I got some rest over the long weekend and really spent some time vegging.  I watch several movies, did some cross stitch, and a little sewing.  I'm sure once it stops raining we'll have another bought of yucky pollen and stuff in the air, but for now I'm just happy and grateful that it isn't bothering me at this moment.

Well that is it for this week. I'm linking up with Yvonne at Quilting Jetgirl.


4 comments:

  1. I'm going to be queen in my stash bee hive for June, too! I am looking forward to it; your blocks look great! I am glad that the water levels are back up around you and I hope that you do get a break in the weather for your mental health... and so you can photograph that great quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to read your Thankful Thursday blog. It is scary to see the flooding i Texas. If we could only take a bit of the rain here in Nevada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so good to read your Thankful Thursday blog. It is scary to see the flooding i Texas. If we could only take a bit of the rain here in Nevada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes. Rain does wonders for the pollen count.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!