Thursday, June 25, 2015

Quilty Thankful Thursday #28

Happy Thursday everyone, I hope you're having great week. For me it has been an ok week. It is funny how, little things can make or break your day/week. I try to focus on the positive things, but sometimes it is hard, which is why I really like doing this post every week. It keeps me looking for the good stuff. So here is my list for this week.

1. Squishy Mail. I hate picking up my mail, because it is almost always junk or bills, but not this month. I'm the queen of the Swarm Johanna for the Bee Hive bees, and I've started receiving my blocks. There is just some happy about getting blocks made especially for me.  Here are the three I've received, and they are are from Johanna, Emily and Tori.  The colors are awesome, and I think this is going to a very cool quilt.




2. Testing New Patterns. I was asked to test a pattern that will be used for a quilt along in August. I can't show you anything about it yet, but you will definitely see more about it later. I am always honored when asked to test for a designer and I love testing my skills on something new. This will be a mystery quilt along, and from what I've seen so far will be lots of fun.

3. Open Roads. With all the rain, there have been roads closed around here and a couple of them are ones I use on a daily basis. About a week ago one closed due to flooding that made the trip to take Sharla to work a lot more difficult. But as of this morning they have opened one lane, not a big deal, but it sure beats this.


4. Sales. Yes I'm a fabric hoarder, there I've said it out loud. Anyone that looks at my sewing room, would have already guessed that, but I can't resist a good sale. Over the last week there have been a couple that I couldn't resist. One was a fat quarter bundle of rainbow text prints. I love text prints, but most of the ones I have are black and white.  This is what I call pretty!!!!! I don't have specific plans for it at the moment, so I will just pet them and look at them for now.  I got other fabrics as well, more to finish my cross quilt. But I'm just having fun folding it, and dreaming of what I will make with it.


5. My Little Buddy Pal. Tucker is getting old and having more and more health issues. I had to take him to the vet this week and he has bad ear infections and needs some teeth pulled. But he was so happy to get to go for a ride in the car. I took him to pick up Sharla at work, and he loved when I circled her parking lot with the window down. I know that my time with him is limited, so I'm going to enjoy it as much as possible. He sleeps beside my desk during the day, and I try to reach down and rub his belly every so often.


Ok so that is my list for this week, and I hope that you have just as many things to be thankful about this week. I am linking up with Yvonne @ Quilting Jetgirl.

4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your post! Those text prints look wonderful. Where did you find them? Hope the rain slows. Here in ND we've had rain about every day for a week. No flooding where I live but some places are not pretty when it rains fast or hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tucker looks really happy and relaxed, we defintiely have to make the most of them while we have them. My two are 9 now which is grand for the jack russell but old for the Basset

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bee blocks that you are receiving are looking wonderful, and how fun to have another fun pattern to test. :) Yay for rain AND open roads, and I am glad Tucker has such a great 'mom' in you to love and take care of him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those text prints are gorgeous.
    Pets like Tucker are too precious. I read an article in the newspaper this week about how women's shelters need to be open about accepting pets as many women will not leave a violent partner if they have to leave a pet behind. Of course! They are our best buddies and fur-babies!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!