Saturday, July 11, 2015

2015 Finish Along: Quarter 3 Goals

Last quarter I really sucked at my goals. I wanted to do so much, but life just got in the way. I like making lists because it helps me keep on track, but what I found last quarter, is that although I made the list here, I didn't write it down anywhere to see in my sewing room.  So this month I'm going to make a list that I can tape to my fabric cabinet as a reminder.

1. Sharla's Machine Cover.  This is small and should be easily accomplished and I'm making it number one, so that I can get a sense of accomplishment to spur me on to bigger and better things.


2. My Purple Quilt. I had planned on finishing this one to donate to Hands2Help, but didn't get it done. I still want it done, and I will either use it or save it to donate at a future time.


3. Memory Quilts. I have to get on these, because one I just want them done, but two the people they are for would really like them I'm sure.  One is done and quilted, the second is partially pieced, and the patches are made for 3 and 4.  My goal this quarter is to get the second one completed and the third one pieced. But if I can get all four done, I would be really really happy. I'm happy they have moved on from this stage.


4. Table Runner. This is another one that should be a fast finish.  Sharla completed the top, and I just need to get it quilted and bound.

5. Gypsy Queen Mystery Quilt. I'm testing the instructions for a mystery quilt.  I will be done with the top in August, so I would like to get it quilted this quarter. I'm working right along with the instructions, and I've really been having fun making each section. I can't show you the pieces I've made so far, but I can show you the fabrics I picked.


6. Sharla's Box Trot. I really want to get this one done because I bought wool batting for it and I want to see how it quilts but also how warm it is.  I want to do a quilt for my bed and this one will tell me if I want to use wool batting or not.


7-10. I have Sharla's Flirt Quilt, Sharla's Norway Quilt, My Class One Quilt and Sharla's Class One Quilt. I'm grouping them all together here since I don't have photos of them.  But the tops are complete on them so I would like to get them done.

And yes I realize this is basically the same list as last quarter, but they all still need to be done. I have several more things I'm going to add here, but I'm not sure they will make it to the completed quilt stage in this quarter.  I still want them on my radar, and if things work out and I do get them all the way to completed all the better.

11. Cross Quilt. I am about 75% done with the blocks, so with a little effort I should be able to complete the blocks and hopefully get the top done.  If I complete the top, I'm definitely moving it up the list to quilt because it will be big enough for my bed.

12. Bee Hive Quilt. I was the queen of the Bee Hive Swarm Johanna last month so blocks have been coming in from my mates. I want the quilt to be a little larger than just what I will receive, so I need to make some more blocks. I would like to get at least 20 blocks done this quarter.  The blocks aren't hard, so that is totally doable if I will precut the pieces. I don't think I will be able to get the top pieced this quarter, but if I get enough blocks done then it can go on next quarter's list.

13. Stash Bee Quilt. I'm not the queen of Hive 9 until August, but I need to get my tutorial written. I've already prepared one block, but I would like to have several examples done.  It is another one that I want to make larger, so the more samples I make the fewer I have to make later.

14. Mystery Quilts. I am participating in two mystery QALs. My goal for this quarter is to stay on top of the steps. Midnight Mystery by Meadow Mist Designs gives instructions on the first Thursday of each month. Turning Twenty's BOM mystery givens instructions on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month.  Both should be easy to keep up with as long as I keep myself on track.

15. Bee Blocks. I've been very good about getting my blocks out on time each month and I want to continue to do so. Both bee's I'm currently in have been lots of fun and great learning experiences. It has been fun doing different blocks in color combos that I might not have picked for myself. I've had some that I want to do for myself and others that I don't, but that is what is cool. I learn without having to make a whole quilt.

As always I've made a long list for myself. but I believe I have a better chance of getting it done if I put it on a list. I've already typed up the list to go on to my fabric cabinet. It's not fancy, but it will be a constant reminder to me of what I need to do. Today I'm linking up with On The Windy Side.

2015 Finish-Along

3 comments:

  1. I bought a small whiteboard that sits on or near my sewing table. It works well for crossing off my to-do list. I have divided it into sections for this month, soon and some time in the far off future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's an ambitious list Shauna, but you can do it! I find that writing things down helps me a lot. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are going to be busy - i like Carla;s idea of a whiteboard. Might have to do that myself!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!