Sunday, March 27, 2016

Stash Report / Sunday Stash

I've been good I swear, ok maybe that is stretching it a little, but I'm not been really bad and that is what counts right? I've have some new fabric that arrived this week, but I didn't buy it. I was lucky enough to win a gift certificate from Hawthorne Threads for my participation in the 4 X 7 Sewing Challenge. How cool is that, I got lots done and won a prize...winner winner chicken dinner.

When Sarah from Berry Barns Designs contacted me to tell me I won, I was very excited. I've not bought fabric all year. Yes I realize it is only March, but I normally would have bought at least a bundle or two by now. I also knew right away what I wanted to buy. They have Chipper by Tula Pink in stock and as much as I wanted some that isn't what I got. I was a good girl and bought fabric for Cole's quilt. I'm needing purples, blacks and grays, so that is what I bought. I'm a little bummed that the grays were lighter than I wanted, but they are still very cool. And I can't wait to do a block for his quilt with the Tula purple tiger fabric.


The patterns are pretty neutral for the most part, because Cole is a boy (ok man) and I'm sure he doesn't want a quilt covered in flowers. Well if you know Cole you know he wouldn't care, but I wanted to make it as "manly" as possible.

Now for my stash report. Sadly I didn't get much done in March, lots of doctor appointments, feeling bad and just general busyness, kept me out of the sewing room way too much. I did get my bee blocks done, but that is all I can count as leaving since everything else I did is still not finished. And with the influx of my gift my overall usage for the year shows to be -10.75 which isn't bad, but if you ignore the gifts I've used about 17 years for the year.  Not awesome, but not horrible either. Hopefully I will get my knees in shape soon and can get some quilting done and really pump up my usage number.

That is it for today, I'm going to link up with Molli Sparkles Sunday Stash via Mary Emmens and Patchwork Times Stash Report. I'm going to be back soon to show you the progress I've made on the sample blocks for Cole's quilt.  I got some done, and more cut out, so progress is being made.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning a Hawthorne Threads gift certificate and for getting so much done in the 4x7 sewing challenge; that is awesome. I think the fabrics you purchased for Cole's quilt look great, and I am excited to see that come together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the win. I like the choices you made. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winning is always great, those purples are stunning, it looks like a Timeless Treasures Sketch and is it Hatch too? thanks for joining in with Sunday Stash

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't bought anything (except plain white) this year until March either, but I went a bit wild in the first few days of April. I must not let my recent splurge take me too far from my stash-reducing goals.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!!! Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment!!!!!